Friday, February 6, 2009

Global warmin

Global warming is a big issue here, and all over the world. Some people don't believe that it is man made but i think that even if it's not man made there are plenty of other reasons not to pump toxic chemicals into our air. Sadly my current school is not doing anything to help stop global warming, but my elementary school put up solar panels to help generate electricity a couple of years ago. I live in Austin Texas which is a very environmentally conscious city. I have seen many other solar panels and Austin energy, our local power plant company uses wind energy for a large part of its out put. Austinites also mostly drive fuel efficient vehicles. You'll see many more sedans, motorcycles and mopeds than SUVs.
The last two weeks have been pretty uneventful. I had a couple of projects due, and I've been working on my science project due in march. Only recently has anything happened, I've gotten sick, this is Friday and I was first sick Thursday morning. I hope I don't have the flu. I was supposed to go to Ft. Worth tomorrow but I don't know if I'll be able to.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Hi Colin!

I would have to agree with not wanting to pump toxic chemicals into the air, no matter what side of the debate you fall on. Not getting radiated to death is pretty high on my to do list.

Didn't Murchison have solar panels too?

PS: My class is a week behind yours, that's why I'm commenting on this post.